Remember when I said that a simple tiny fork can take a tailgate-ready appetizer and transform it into an appetizer fit for a fancy cocktail party? This is one off those appetizers.
This is a CROWD-PLEASER. And, yes, it needs to be all caps, because that’s how successful this appetizer is. Men LOVE it. Women want to hate it, but can’t. And it is the EASIEST thing to make.
Really, who can resist the combination of sweet, salty and crunchy?
This is also one of those appetizers that can be thrown together in 30 minutes for an impromptu gathering.
Ready for the very complicated recipe for this baked salami appetizer???
- Buy a Kosher, Beef Salami (the whole kind)
- Cut it up into the shape that you want … slices, half moons, little chunks – whatever works for you.
- Coat it in brown sugar. Use just enough to coat all sides.
- Bake at 350 until just toasted around the edges – this will depend on the shape of your salami bits, but can range from 20-40 minutes.
- Serve with a honey mustard and watch them disappear!!
This is a must-have in our house for watching football, sitting by the pool or just any weekend gathering.
- 1 kosher beef salami
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- honey mustard - to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut up the salami into even 1/2" pieces
- Toss salami with brown sugar.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 20-40 minutes until crispy around the edges.
- When done, remove from baking sheet immediately and serve with honey mustard.