Can you believe its been a year since I first started this blog? Not to toot my own horn, but GO ME!
But I’m not done. Nope. Not even close.
Sure, I may not be posting 5 times a week anymore, but this is SAHF 2.0 (get it… stay at home FOODIE, year 2).
New and Improved!
- Fewer, more robust posts (like this one) with stories AND recipes – so people like my husband will actually read what I write.
- Better pictures – I hope. No, I haven’t take MDR’s Natural Lighting Class, but I’ll spend more than 5 seconds taking a picture. I’ll stop taking snapshots and try to take photographs.
- More sweets. Because even though I’m a COOK, you all seem to like my sweet creations more than my savory ones. Go figure. Don’t worry – my feeling aren’t hurt … I do believe in at least one sweet thing a day, so I guess I can share more sweet recipes.
- More interactive social media (well, at least more interactive Facebook) because I really do want to know what you think too. Really. I mean, I can’t be the only one who gets totally creeped out by food coloring, can I??
- I’m also going to be much more realistic about writing a cookbook, attending sponsored events and trying samples. Live and Learn, right.
- Oh – and did you know that you can now find me in other places?? I’m a regular contributor at Honest Cooking and I’ll have a monthly column at Macaroni Kid, Beverly Hills.
In the meantime, who wants to celebrate with me?
stay at home FOODIE is turning 1!!!
And I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than this AMAZING, simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cup. This is really not about a specific recipe…this is all about technique and assembly. In fact, the good old fashion Nestle’ Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe works best because it has less butter than some “gourmet” cookie recipes and has enough structure to hold the muffin tin shape.
Trust me, don’t use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe… use Nestle’s.
You can make the cookie cups in advance… they need to be COMPLETELY cool before you add the ice cream anyway. That way, when it comes time to serve these delicious treats, you just scoop, drizzle and enjoy.
These chocolate chip cookie ice cream cups are chewy, a little gooey and totally delish!
How good does that sound?!?
Perfect for my BLOG-iversary.
- 1 batch of Nestle' Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 muffin tin
- medium size ice cream scoop
- chocolate sauce
- caramel sauce
- Grease your muffin tin with PAM.
- Using a medium size ice cream scoop, place one scoop of cookie dough in each muffin hole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 11 minutes until the edges are slightly browned but the centers are soft.
- As soon as you remove the muffin tin from the oven, push in the center of each cookie cup with the back of a spoon to create a crater.
- Remove cookie cups from muffin tin and let cool completely.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce AND caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately.