You know when I said I was going to try to take better pictures … well, this is not one of those times. This picture was taken in the middle of a rushed morning when Zoe woke up and
DEMANDED politely asked for Cinnamon Rolls.
Cinnamon Rolls? On a Monday morning? Are you KIDDING ME??
Doesn’t she realize that real cinnamon rolls have to have time to rise? And then rest. And then rise again.
Uggg… the problem was that once she mentioned cinnamon rolls, I kinda wanted them for breakfast too. I mean, who doesn’t want a sweet and a little spicy, hot and ooey-gooey treat on a Monday morning.
After a long battle to get her to brush her teeth, she finished getting dressed and marched downstairs prepared to fight me that there weren’t cinnamon rolls hot out of the oven and artfully placed on the breakfast table.
Little did she know though that I had a secret weapon up my sleeve. Robinhood Meetinghouse Cream Cheese Biscuits. Yes, people … frozen food that was shipped to me in a cooler for consideration on this very blog. But, before you stop reading let me tell you 2 things about these biscuits:
- There are no funny ingredients in these – just wheat flour, whole milk, butter, cream cheese, baking powder, sugar and salt. (I literally just copied those off the back of the box). No stabilizers (other than what’s in the cream cheese), no food coloring, no weird ingredients that I can’t pronounce. Hell, these even fit into Eating Rules’ Unprocessed October’s kitchen test. The point being, these things are not scary frozen biscuits. These are the REAL DEAL that just happen to be frozen.
- They are unbelievably soft, flaky and delicious. I promise, if they weren’t I would tell you. Trust me, I have no problems telling the truth about food that I’ve received … they’re not paying me to write anything. They are just giving me a few products to sample. And as a former marketing professional, I can tell you that the shipping cost more than the products and that the shipping probably doesn’t come out of the marketing budget.
Yes, I had to do some “doctoring-up” as my mom likes to say. But by the time the biscuits baked up all nice and golden, the chocolaty cinnamon mixture (I made these for Sabrina who has a slight obsession with chocolate) was mixed up and ready to go. I mean, the mixture took all of 2 minutes, so I had plenty of time to listen to Sabrina whine about not wanting to wear the blue dress because it wasn’t pretty enough.
I served the cinnamon biscuits with a side of fruit and a glass of milk and Sabrina’s mood instantly changed.
Look, I’m not saying that these biscuits are life changing, all I’m saying is that they are delicious. So delicious, in fact, that I’m waiting for cool weather to come around so that I can experiment with the sweet potato variety that I have chilling in the freezer.
- 4 Robinhood Meetinghouse Cream Cheese Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- Bake Robinhood Meetinghouse Cream Cheese Biscuits according to package directions.
- While they are cooking mix together the other ingredients in a small bowl.
- After taking the biscuits out of the oven, split them with a knife and spoon a little cinnamon mixture in the middle and some more on top.
- Serve warm.