I like to entertain. A lot.
I love to cook (obviously).
I have a secret to making even the simplest appetizers seem elegant.
Are you ready for it?
The idea is super simple … everything taste better and is infinitely more elegant when presented on tiny forks. :)
You can find the forks at most party stores – I can even find mine at my local Gelson’s. They add a certain panache to any gathering. Tomatoes and cheese … boring! Fancy caprese appetizers served on an individual sized fork… elegant, cute and delicious!! See how that works??
So before those tomatoes disappear from the farmer’s market, try making these super simple, simply elegant fancy caprese appetizers.
You’ll be the toast of the town – and delighted with the fresh summer taste.
- 10 mini forks
- 10 heirloom cherry-size tomatoes
- 10 pieces of bocconcili (tiny balls of mozzerella)
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- Cut off the tops of each of the tomatoes so that they can stand up on their own.
- Cut the basil leaves into 10 strips.
- Assemble the caprese by loading on 1 bocconcili, then a strip of basil and then the cut tomato (cut side facing away from the fork.
- On a clean plate, spread the pesto and then arrange the forks on top of the pesto so that they are standing up.
- Cut tomatoes
- Slice basil (with supervision)
- Assemble appetizer
- Spread pesto
- Arrange forks on platter