It’s Tuesday. That means it’s CSA day. Which, normally I would feel something for. Recently, it’s been dread. But last week was actually somewhat inspiring, so I thought things were going to get better. But today I’m not feeling it.
I pick up my CSA box at my youngest daughter’s school. It’s a large facility a bit south from the rest of my life. Not inconvenient, but not in the line of fire to say. Pick up is anytime after 2pm. Which is usually not a problem since said daughter gets out of school at 2:30. That part is easy and convenient.
Today, though, my youngest is home with pneumonia. Yes. Pneumonia. Nothing is easy with the little one. She’s not in school for at least 2 more days, maybe more. But more importantly, she’s not in school today. The day that I need to go and pick up the CSA box.
Halloween drained me. It’s a fun holiday, but I’m just spent. I’m feeling too lazy to even work out today. I’m feeling too lazy to cook. I’m WAY too lazy to go all the way (2 miles) to my daughter’s school when she’s not there to pick up a box of vegetables that my family won’t eat.
IN THIS WEEK’S BOX:
- Tahitian Squash (I’ll be forced to make more delicious squash bread)
- Turnips – nope. can’t do much with this one
- Red Frills – assuming this is a lettuce of some kind. Some kind that my family won’t eat.
- Chard – uggg
- Fuji Apples – okay, I can use these for lunches and snacks
- Black Kale – really?
- Lemons – these are always good to have on hand
- Yellow Carrots – questionable
- White Onions – I still have 2 bunches from last week!
- Forrona Beets – now, I love a good beet salad, but my family won’t go near the stuff… if I had the energy maybe I could convince them.